Toxic Thoughts -- 11PM
April 15, 2018 @ 11:07 PM



Assalammualaikum,

I just realized that no matter how hard you’ve been trying to keep a relationship or even friendship because you thought you could never live without them, it really is not worth it when this person caused you so much pain and the relationship was mostly one-sided and toxic. It’s very important to remind yourself that although you spent a lot of time with them, also had good memories and laughed a lot together, if there’s no or maybe bad communication, lack of trust and no understanding, then it is in fact NOT worth fighting for, believe me. So please love yourself and don’t feel guilty for leaving. You’re not being egoistic, it’s called self-love and your mental health matters.

Remember this: a true friend will apologize and try to make things better. A toxic friend will roll her eyes and tell you you’re being ridiculous - then continue to do the same thing. If that happens, leave. You don’t need those kinds of people in your life.
I don’t hold grudges, it’s not healthy. I’ve made my circle quite small, and I like it that way. For people who I don’t speak to anymore, know this: I don’t lose sleep over not having you in my life, my life is great. I don’t hate you, because hate would only bring me down. But know this, if I’ve cut you out of my life you handed me the scissors